SHIFT HOURS: First, 6:30am – 3:30pm
SUMMARY OF DUTIES: Inspect production parts to qualify production to run. Do in process inspections and last piece inspections to ensure quality of production.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES: Read blueprints & use comparator, micrometer, dial / drop indicators and calipers to inspect parts to print as well as visual quality inspection of metal stampings.
EDUCATION LEVEL: High school or equivalent. Basic math, reading and computer skills. Technical training beneficial.
EXPERIENCE: Experience using measurement devices, reading part prints and basic understanding of ISO 9001 / quality management systems preferred.
• Must have valid work permit or U.S. Citizenship
• Technical experience using measuring instruments such as micrometers, dial indicators, comparators and calipers
• Enjoy problem solving, getting to the bottom of an issue
• Reading and interpreting prints
• Ability to work well alone or in teams, and to collaborate to create solutions
• Willingness to learn, investigate and determine how things work
• Computer literate – very comfortable interacting with computers
Skills desired or to be acquired on the job:
• Understanding of progressive die tooling
• Reading and Interpreting Prints
• Reliability Principals including SPC, Statistics and DOE analysis
• Metrology: calibration, MSA, inspection techniques, training inspectors with comparators, micrometers, calipers, drop indicators, resolving measurement discrepancies
• Process control including help with updating routing, inspection plans, work instructions, change control documentation
• Understanding of material specifications including hardness scales
• Vision systems, CMM programming
• Maintaining an ISO 9001 / IATF 16949 system, including process auditing
• Automotive core tools: FMEAs, Control Plans, PPAPs, MSA
• Supplier quality, identifying nonconforming material
• Lean manufacturing principals, Six Sigma
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: Focus and attention to detail is critical. Ability to communicate well with production, tooling and engineering and the office is very important as well.
PAY: Based on experience